I had much fun adding two new frame shapes to the shop! Now your dolls and BJD's can choose to don the sassy cat eye frame in or magically round eye frames in 1/3 scale or 1/4 scale. Harry Potter fans rejoice!
I am also happy to do 1/6 scale on custom request, as there is much more head size variation. I may have ones that would already fit, so all you have to do is ask :)
But have you ever wondered just what glasses say about you or perhaps your doll's character?
While doing some research on glasses styles I came across a few "what your glasses are saying about you" articles and found them part entertaining and part interesting.
As I am a glasses wearer, I thought I would share a few snippets I found particularily neat with you too!
DO YOUR GLASSES SEND MESSAGES TO PEOPLE?
From an article on Psycology Today called 6 Messages Your Glasses May Be Sending People by Susan Krauss Whitbourne Ph.D., after reviewing some studies and statistics she summaries a few things she has found out about how humans perceive glasses wearers.
To sum up: Here are the 6 cues your glasses provide to others:
- Honesty: Glasses can make you look more honest.
- Trustworthiness: You may look more trustworthy if you’re wearing glasses with rims.
- Intelligence: People with glasses look like they read more; hence, they are more intelligent.
- Social class: Higher social class is associated with wearing glasses.
- Threat: Glasses take away your apparent threat level, especially if you’re a man.
- Personality: Wearing glasses with logos means you’re fashion conscious, and anxiously so if those logos are there to impress.
For the details on WHY these are true, be sure to head over to the article which was linked above.
Personally, I thought it was weird about the amount of rim your glasses have relating to your level of trustworthiness?!
CHOOSING FRAMES: SKIN TONE, HAIR COLOUR, EYE COLOUR, PURPOSE AND PERSONALITY
The above list of things to think about when choosing glasses was crazy long right or is it just me? Well according to Eyebuydirect.com those are all the things to consider when choosing glasses. Man...the pressure is on!
Point me at the blue ones and I will pick a pair...but I'm simple like that I guess. And my hair colour...well that one changes so frequently...lol
The article is called THE COMPREHENSIVE COLOR GUIDE FOR GLASSES but they go down a rabbit hole of tremendous detail. So if you like that sort of thing you might want to review that article!
ORDERING GLASSES ONLINE
And where would us glasses wearers be without the convenience of ordering glasses online? I've previously ordered online with decent results, how about you? Any horror stories or wins? Where do you find the best to order from? Leave any tips in the comments.
Since I've still got a really strong prescription, I don't save all that much money compared to getting them at the optometrist. Sad face.
Need tips for ordering glasses online, well Lifehacker has a few!
Tips for ordering doll glasses online?
- I always send an extra practice pair to bend and pdf instructions emailed with any order.
- Watch the bending glasses video for examples and extra tips.
- Measure your doll and compare against the measurement photos in the listing, for example:
- If you have a unique sized doll that doesn't fit any of the sizes I'm happy to create half-priced trial sizes until we get a size that fits!
- Want a different colour of shape? I adore creating! Get in touch with me :)
ALL GLASSES, ALL THE TIME
I hope you found some of the facts, tips and tricks as interesting as I did.
There, all the glasses nerding is now out of my system, or is it....