For 1:6 scale small faced ball jointed dolls (BJD's), tiny dolls with wig size 5/6, or some play scale dolls, these fine round glasses will bring to life a look of Harry Potter chic your YOSD, Tiny or slimline fashion dolls like OOAK Monster High or Bratz dolls!
These glasses were made to fit those BJD's have smaller faces with eyes closer together or smaller distances either between eyes or from temples back towards their ears! You can even easily adjust them to fit under wigs by doing a quick snip behind the ears and gently bending them with a little heat if you prefer.
Pros of 3D Printed PLA Glasses:
- Printed in a softer coloured plastic, not painted, there is no worry of paint rubbing off and marking up faces.
- They are shipped flat for easier delivery.
- They are easily heated and moldable to fit your doll upon arrival to you! You get to do the shaping of the frames to fit your doll! You will receive pdf instructions emailed directly to you but see below for all the details.
- If you really wish to paint them you can use acrylic paint or enamel paints.
- You could decorate them with bling! After shaping them, feel free to use crazy glue to place some shiny crystals on your frames!
- Once on your doll I'd love to see them, so be sure to tag and follow me on IG at @stellarevolutiondesigns.com
HOW THEY ARE MADE
- I designed these glasses specifically for ball jointed dolls!
- I 3D print them at home, and made sure they fit this size range including my Momoni Nena 02 Reira, Monster Highs, and Bratz. They may fit other dolls as well, see Measurements, and TIPS in How to Shape Them section below.
- I ship them encased in a cardboard box for protection
Now available in two versions, Flat-Bend at Home or Pre-Bent:
Flat-Bend at home: Saves on cost of shipping and you have the power to shape them to your doll's unique features for the best fit! You will also receive a practice pair of glasses to refine your technique. Watch the video below for a demonstration.
Pre-Bent: I'm happy to provide a pre-bending service for one pair of glasses and ship glasses in a more protected, slightly larger box for you.
They will come with a 90-degree bend in the arms and once received they can be slightly tweaked if required. Please view the video below for demonstrations.
HOW TO SHAPE THEM:
Please note: As these frames are very thin only a slight amount of heat is required to make them look fantastic on your doll!
Here is a video tutorial about how to shape the glasses using 3 methods of heat:
- straightening iron,
- blow dryer, or
- hot water.
PDF instructions will also be emailed once you order your glasses!
- Scaled for smaller 1:6 scale dolls-See photos with measurements. Depending on where you place the bend, measurements can be tweaked for the best fit!
- You will receive one extra pair of practice glasses to check fit and practice bending!
- Modeled by my 35cm Momoni Nena02 Reira in Iced Blue
- Once bent, protect in a case or your dollie's purse when travelling.
- Remove from doll when travelling to prevent scratches to faceups
IN STOCK / CREATION TIME
- In stock items will ship in 3-5 business days.
- Otherwise, this item is custom ordered and usually takes approx. 2 week creation time.
- Please note: Should you have a particular timeline in mind, or if this item is a gift, please message me to let me know or visit our FAQ's for more info.
*please note that colours shown may vary slightly from what is pictured due to variations in monitor settings and lighting conditions.
Please note: other items such as doll, wig, etc. pictured in this listing are not included
created by hands
Fabric hand cut & deliberately placed for the best fit. If you don't see your asthetic or fandom represented, let me know I'd be honoured to hunt down the perfect prints and fabrics.
Printed, sewn and created on industrial machines using strong thread, reliable notions and tested filaments for the best finish possible.
Cosplay & Gift Giving
Making superrific pieces that are easy to add to your play & gift giving (or self-gifting) adventures!