Just here for a good time, not a long time! For 1:6 scale, wider-faced, child-like proportioned YOSD ball jointed dolls (BJD's), with wig size 6/7, and heights of approx. 25-27cm or similar sized fabric art dolls.
They can also look cool for an oversized adorable look or suitable for some ball jointed animals!
Holographic paper is attached to the back of the frames showing off one of this summer's hot fashion trends. These frames will have to be handled with a bit more care due to the delicate nature of the lenses. Please note: The lenses are not see through.
They will be available for a limited time, this summer only!
Pros of 3D Printed PLA Glasses:
- Printed in a softer coloured plastic, not painted, there is no worry of paint rubbing off and marking up faces.
- They are shipped flat for easier delivery.
- They are easily heated and moldable to fit your doll upon arrival to you! You get to do the shaping of the frames to fit your doll! You will receive pdf instructions emailed directly to you but see below for all the details.
- If you really wished to paint them, you could using nail polish, acrylic paint or enamel paints.
- You could decorate them with bling! After shaping them, feel free to use crazy glue to place some shiny on your frames!
- If you do modify them, I'd love to see them, so be sure to tag me on my dollie specific IG account @stellarbjdaccessories!
HOW THEY ARE MADE
- I first designed these glasses based loosely on stylish models I'd love to wear!
- I then 3D printed them at home and made sure they fit my YOSD sized doll as well as others in our local BJD group. For specific fit description see Measurements photo below.
- I used strong quick adhesion craft glue to paste holographic cardstock paper lenses to the back of the glasses frames.
- I ship them encased in cardboard for protection
- You will receive one extra pair of practice glasses (without lenses) to practice bend and check fit!
HOW TO SHAPE THEM:
Here is a video tutorial about how to shape any size or shape of my glasses using 3 methods of heat:
- straightening iron,
- blow dryer, or
- hot water.
PDF instructions will also be emailed once you order your glasses!
- Scaled for most 1:6 scale dolls that wear wig size 6/7-See photo with measurements. Depending on where you place the bend, measurements can be tweaked to best fit your own doll.
- Modeled by my YOSD, 25cm tall Bella from Angell-Studio and would fit other tiny dolls of similar size (25-27cm) including Little Fee and Honey Delf.
- Due to the nature of the attached holographic lens paper, they will be more delicate. While glued in with extra strong adhesive, if poked or handled without care, they may pop out. They can be re-glued if necessary.
- Once bent, protect in a case when travelling.
- Remove from doll when travelling to prevent scratches to faceups
IN STOCK / CREATION TIME
- In stock items will ship in 3-5 business days.
- Otherwise, this item is custom ordered and usually takes approx. 2 week creation time.
- Please note: Should you have a particular timeline in mind, or if this item is a gift, please message me to let me know or visit our FAQ's for more info.
*please note that colours shown may vary slightly from what is pictured due to variations in monitor settings and lighting conditions.
Please note: other items pictured not included in this listing, ie doll, straight iron, my fingers
created by hands
Fabric hand cut & deliberately placed for most fandom fun per square inch! If you don't see your fandom represented, let us know we'd be honoured to hunt down fandom fabric for you!
Printed, sewn and created on industrial machines using strong thread, reliable notions and tested filaments for the best finish possible.
Cosplay & Gift Giving
Making superrific fandom pieces and doll collector pieces that are easy to add to your everyday work, play & gift giving (or self-gifting) adventures!