For 1:4 scale ball jointed dolls (BJD's) and dolls with wig size 7/8 these classy yet nerdy white glasses will smarten up the look of or for an oversized adorable look on other ball jointed animals!
Pros of 3D Printed PLA Glasses:
- Printed in a softer coloured plastic, not painted, there is no worry of paint rubbing off and marking up faces.
- They are shipped flat for easier delivery.
- They are easily heated and moldable to fit your doll upon arrival to you! You get to do the shaping of the frames to fit your doll! You will receive pdf instructions emailed directly to you but see below for all the details.
- If you really wished to paint them, you could using nail polish, acrylic paint or enamel paints.
- You could decorate them with bling! After shaping them, feel free to use crazy glue to place some shiny on your frames!
- If you do modify them, I'd love to see them, so be sure to tag me on my dollie specific IG account @stellarbjdaccessories!
HOW THEY ARE MADE
- I designed these glasses based on scale models I'd love to wear!
- I 3D print them at home and made sure they fit my MSD doll. They may fit other dolls as well, see Measurements, and TIPS in How to Shape Them section below.
- I ship them encased between corrugated cardboard for protection, as well as in a bubble envelope.
- You will receive one pair of practice glasses to check fit!
- Scaled for most 1:4 scale dolls that wear wig size 7/8-See photo with measurements. Depending on where you place the bend, measurements can be tweaked to best fit your own doll.
- Modeled by my 41cm MSD Little Monica Little Sophia BJD with wig size 7/8
- Once bent, protect in a case when travelling.
- Remove from doll when travelling to prevent possible scratches to faceups
HOW TO SHAPE THEM
- The only tools you need will be a hair straightener (most precise way) or a dip into boiling water (less precise way), and a reminder that hot things are HOT, so please be careful!
HOW NOT TO SHAPE THEM:
- Do NOT put hot glasses onto your precious doll to shape them!
- Do not put hair straightener, boiling water next to your doll.
HOW TO SHAPE THEM USING HAIR STRAIGHTENER:
- To bend and adjust frames, simply put the frames against your dolls face, to see where you would like to bend the sides to fit them best. You can apply a litte pen mark if that would make it easier for you.
- Set the hair straighter on low to medium, glasses only requires two to three seconds of heat for it to soften the plastic.
- TIP: If white marks appear on your plastic as you are bending it, you are pushing too hard while plastic isn't heated enough
- TIP: If your glasses are all gooey and saggy, you are heating it too long. Allow it to cool and try again, the plastic can be re-heated and re-shaped somewhat. Just a second or two is all it takes!
- Place one side of your frame into the straighter and hold for 2-3 seconds, the plastic will get softer and you will be able to then curve the frame around the side of the straightener.
- Then place on a counter or table to hold the angle of the arm at 90 degrees, or a bit more if you would like it to stay a bit more firmly on your doll's head.
- Do the same to the other side.
- You can also curve the front of the frame slightly to fit different face shapes or curve the ear pieces using this method.
TIP: if ear pieces at the end are too long/in the wrong spot, you can clip them off and curve and shape using this method to custom fit it to your doll! If they are too short, you could heat and stretch slightly to elongate the arm, though this may deform frame slightly.
- HOW TO SHAPE USING BOILING WATER METHOD:
- Boil water
- Place in a flatter dish, let it rest for about 30 sec-1 minute
- Dip arm of glasses into water for 2-3 seconds till it gets ever so slightly soft or flexible, then remove, bend to desired angle and rest on table till it is set
- Repeat for other side
- Fine tune as per TIPS above to fit curve of face or ear pieces.
- OR Using Blow Dryer Method:
- Aim dryer nozzle at area you wish to bend
- Apply heat in 3 second intervals (one thousand one, one thousand two, one thousand three), checking to see if arm is bendable by resting it on edge of counter (as you will have your hands full)
- Once arm begins to give and soften, hold it in position till it sets
- Repeat on other side
PDF instructions will also be emailed once you order your glasses!
IN STOCK / CREATION TIME
- In stock items will ship in 1-3 business days.
- Otherwise, this item is custom ordered and usually takes approx. 2 week creation time.
- Please note: Should you have a particular timeline in mind, or if this item is a gift, please message me to let me know or visit our FAQ's for more info.
*please note that colours shown may vary slightly from what is pictured due to variations in monitor settings and lighting conditions.
Please note: other items pictured not included in this listing, ie doll, straight iron, my fingers
created by hands
Fabric hand cut & deliberately placed for most fandom fun per square inch!
choose your fandom
No matter what your fandoms, we would be honoured to help create a piece you fall in love with everyday!
Reuse & Recycle
Reusing top-notch recycled hardware & post-consumer recycled fabrics when possible to reduce environmental waste.
Printed or sewn on industrial machines using strong thread, reliable notions and tested filaments.
Cosplay & Gift Giving
Making superrific fandom pieces that are easy to add to your everyday work, play & gift giving adventures!
Support an artist independently living with a disability as well as other local & international designers, artists & creatives!