Can't decide on which colour glasses for your doll? Get a grab bag!
For MSD or Minifee 1:4 scale ball jointed dolls (BJD's), dolls with wig size 7/8 this grab bags will contain 1 pair of black coloured glasses guaranteed and 4 other colours/styles for your doll to add to his or her geek wardrobe!
I sometimes prefer my Minifee Sircca to wear the Minifee petite glasses and my slightly larger headed Little Sophia wears this grab bag size, but truly they can generally switch it up if you have multiple dolls in the MSD size!
It's a matter of the look you desire. I have taken photos with the dolls wearing both to help you decide.
Now available in two versions, Flat-Bend at Home or Pre-Bent:
Flat-Bend at home: Saves on cost of shipping and you have the power to shape them to your doll's unique features for the best fit! You will receive 5 pairs of flat, ready to shape glasses and one (1) extra practice pair of glasses to refine your bending technique. Watch the video below for a demonstration.
Pre-Bent: I'm happy to provide a pre-bending service for all 5 pairs of glasses and ship glasses in a more protected, slightly larger box for you.
They will come with a 90-degree bend in the arms and once received they can be slightly tweaked if required. Please view the video below for demonstrations.
Pros of 3D Printed PLA Glasses:
- Printed in a softer coloured plastic, not painted, there is no worry of paint rubbing off and marking up faces.
- They are shipped flat for easier delivery.
- They are easily heated and moldable to fit your doll upon arrival to you! You get to do the shaping of the frames to fit your doll! You will receive instructions in your package but see below for all the details.
- If you really wished to paint them, you could using nail polish, acrylic paint or enamel paints.
- You could decorate them with bling! After shaping them, feel free to use crazy glue to place some shiny on your frames!
- If you do modify them, I'd love to see them, so be sure to tag me on my dollie specific IG account @stellarbjdaccessories!
HOW THEY ARE MADE
- I first designed these glasses based loosely on models I'd love to wear!
- I then 3D printed them at home and made sure they fit my MSD doll as well as others in our local BJD group. For specific fit description see Measurements photo below.
- For specific fit description see Measurements below.
- I ship them encased between cardboard for protection, as well as in a bubble envelope.
- You will receive one extra pair of practice glasses to check fit for Bend at Home version!
HOW TO SHAPE THEM:
Here is a video tutorial about how to shape any size of glasses using 3 methods of heat:
- straightening iron,
- blow dryer, or
- hot water.
PDF instructions will also be emailed once you order your glasses!
- Scaled for most 1:4 scale dolls that wear wig size 5/6/7 like Minifee and Unoa-See photo with measurements. Depending on where you place the bend, measurements can be tweaked to best fit your own doll.
- Modeled by my Minifee Sircca on Moe line body with wig size 6/7 and by my 41cm MSD Little Monica Little Sophia BJD with wig size 7/8 to show they do fit both sizes, so it is really the look you prefer.
- I like my Little Sophia wear these glasses and I prefer my Minifee Sircca to wear these Minifee Petite glasses.
- Once bent, protect in a case when travelling.
- Remove from doll when travelling to prevent scratches to faceups
IN STOCK / CREATION TIME
*please note that colours shown may vary slightly from what is pictured due to variations in monitor settings and lighting conditions.
Please note: other items pictured not included in this listing
created by hands
Fabric hand cut & deliberately placed for most fandom fun per square inch! If you don't see your fandom represented, let us know we'd be honoured to hunt down fandom fabric for you!
Printed, sewn and created on industrial machines using strong thread, reliable notions and tested filaments for the best finish possible.
Cosplay & Gift Giving
Making superrific fandom pieces and doll collector pieces that are easy to add to your everyday work, play & gift giving (or self-gifting) adventures!