For 1:3 scale ball jointed dolls (BJD's), dolls with wig sizes 8/9, 9/10, DIY Funko Pop Vinyls, or fabric art dolls these adorable heart glasses will create such a pretty look on many loveable dollies. They could also look great on smaller dolls if an oversized look is what you like!
Pros of 3D Printed PLA Glasses:
- Printed in a softer coloured plastic, not painted, there is no worry of paint rubbing off and marking up faces.
- They are shipped flat for easier delivery.
- They are easily heated and moldable to fit your doll upon arrival to you! You get to do the shaping of the frames to fit your doll! You will receive pdf instructions emailed directly to you but see below for all the details.
- If you really wished to paint them, you could using nail polish, acrylic paint or enamel paints.
- You could decorate them with bling! After shaping them, feel free to use crazy glue to place some shiny on your frames!
- Once on your doll I'd love to see them, so be sure to tag and follow me on IG at @stellarevolutiondesigns.com
HOW THEY ARE MADE
- I first designed these glasses based loosely on stylish models I'd love to wear!
- I then 3D printed them at home and made sure they fit my SD13 doll as well as others in our local BJD group. For specific fit description see Measurements in photo below.
- I ship them encased in cardboard for protection
- You will receive one extra pair of practice glasses to check fit!
Now available in two versions, Flat-Bend at Home or Pre-Bent:
Flat-Bend at home: Saves on cost of shipping and you have the power to shape them to your doll's unique features for the best fit! You will also receive a practice pair of glasses to refine your technique. Watch the video below for a demonstration.
Pre-Bent: I'm happy to provide a pre-bending service for one pair of glasses and ship glasses in a more protected, slightly larger box for you.
They will come with a 90-degree bend in the arms and once received they can be slightly tweaked if required. Please view the video below for demonstrations.
HOW TO SHAPE THEM:
Here is a video tutorial about how to shape any size or shape of my glasses using 3 methods of heat:
- straightening iron,
- blow dryer, or
- hot water.
PDF instructions will also be emailed once you order your glasses!
- Scaled for most 1:3 scale dolls, DIY Funko Pop Vinyls-See photo with measurements. Depending on where you place the bend, measurements can be tweaked
- Modeled by my 58cm SD13 Dreaming Doll Elva BJD, doll with wig size 8/9 and Funko Pop Vinyl
- Once bent, protect in a case when travelling.
- Remove from doll when travelling to prevent scratches to faceups
IN STOCK / CREATION TIME
- In stock items will ship in 1-3 business days.
- Otherwise, this item is custom ordered and usually takes approx. 2 week creation time.
- Please note: Should you have a particular timeline in mind, or if this item is a gift, please message me to let me know or visit our FAQ's for more info.
*please note that colours shown may vary slightly from what is pictured due to variations in monitor settings and lighting conditions.
Please note: other items pictured not included in this listing, ie doll, straight iron, my fingers
created by hands
Fabric hand cut & deliberately placed for the best fit. If you don't see your asthetic or fandom represented, let me know I'd be honoured to hunt down the perfect prints and fabrics.
Printed, sewn and created on industrial machines using strong thread, reliable notions and tested filaments for the best finish possible.
Cosplay & Gift Giving
Making superrific pieces that are easy to add to your play & gift giving (or self-gifting) adventures!