Meet the Ethel Tote bag, styled with Firefly fan loving twist. She is a shiny, over the shoulder tote making her great for a daily use bag!
This vegan-friendly bag makes the perfect market tote bag or cunning Comic Con traveller as it can really hold almost everything you need to misbehave! Make all of the Whedonverse jealous as you walk on by!
HOW ETHEL IS MADE
She is made from high quality EcoCanvas, Kona Cotton fabric printed from Spoonflower with a plethora of Firefly's most recognizable motifs (designed by most awesome geek collaborator Sarah) of leaves on the wind, strawberries, Jayne hats, Mal's pistol, Kaylee's parasol and of course, that fine little Firefly class ship, Serenity.
This item features a faux leather bottom, sides and a mix of fabric on the handles with a fabric upper but it could be made entirely in fabric if desired.
To give her shape and stability I used a woven interfacing on her interior and foam on exterior pieces. She is made using the Swoon Ethel pattern.
BAG DIMENSIONS & FEATURESThe dimensions for the body of the bag are:
The Ethel Tote measures 13” wide x 10” tall x 5” deep
This bag features:
- Medium sized over the shoulder tote bag
- The straps measure 19" inches long and 1 inch wide
- Two exterior slip pockets.
- Two slip pockets inside the bag.
BEST USESEthel is a versatile shoulder bag. She can be used for the following occasions and purposes:
- Everyday bag to carry your essentials to work and back.
- Carry it out on date night, and if your date catches on that it has Firefly gems on it, and starts gushing about how much he or she also loves the Whedonverse, you will know that person is a keeper :)
- Keep her stocked with your sketch pad or Firefly colouring book and drawing supply essentials for creative, stress relieving times.
- could make a nice little Browncoat diaper bag.
- Perfect Christmas gift for that comic con-goer who likes to carry all the things!
Due to the interfacing, faux leather and the hardware used it is only recommended to spot clean her.
IN STOCK / CREATION TIME
- In stock items will ship in 3-5 business days.
- Otherwise, this item is custom ordered and usually takes approx. 2-3 weeks creation time.
- Want to add more features like a zipper closure, pockets or crossbody strap? Please message me and I would be happy to add each feature for a small approx. $5-10 CAD fee.
- Please note: Should you have a particular timeline in mind, or if this item is a gift, please message me to let me know or visit our FAQ's for more info.
- Not included: Baby Vera Plush can be ordered separately!
created by hands
Fabric hand cut & deliberately placed for most fandom fun per square inch!
choose your fandom
No matter what your fandoms, we would be honoured to help create a piece you fall in love with everyday!
Reuse & Recycle
Reusing top-notch recycled hardware & post-consumer recycled fabrics when possible to reduce environmental waste.
Printed or sewn on industrial machines using strong thread, reliable notions and tested filaments.
Cosplay & Gift Giving
Making superrific fandom pieces that are easy to add to your everyday work, play & gift giving adventures!
Support an artist independently living with a disability as well as other local & international designers, artists & creatives!